My Glee Knitting Projects are complete and have been sent off to…somewhere with the hopes that they’ll either be used on the show or given to the actors. My hat for Finn/Cory Monteith was completed a while back, and I’m pretty sure I shared a rather crappy photo of it. However, seeing how beautiful some of the other projects were, I kind of felt bad for Finn. So I made him another hat. 🙂
Here are the two hats:
This is the original hat, made with Berroco’s Vintage Chunky, a machine washable wool blend. I used a free pattern called Hat Fit for a Boyfriend, and as GradSchoolKnitter warned me, following the pattern would produce a hat that’s quite short, barely covering the top of the ears, so I added an inch before I began the decreases. DH actually really liked the hat and wants me to make one for him to match the scarf I made him a few years ago. I just need to find matching yarn somewhere…
For the second hat, I used the second skein of Vintage Chunky (I bought two and only needed one for the first hat), and I had a bit of leftover Vintage Chunky in a beautiful blue color for some stripes. the pattern is Turn a Square, which can be downloaded for free from Ravelry. I didn’t have too much of the blue yarn, so I was only able to make four rows of stripes, but still turned out pretty nice.
I wish I was able to take a photo of the crown of both of these hats, but it’s pretty much impossible to take a photo of the crown of your own head… :-p I need to get a mannequin head. DH laughed at me when I first mentioned it, but now he agrees because he’s not too crazy about the idea of modeling hats for me.
So my projects are complete with gift tags and all… I put them in the mail today, and if they end up on the show… I’ll definitely be blogging about it! 😉