Tag Archives: glee

Glee Knitting Projects Complete!

My Glee Knitting Projects are complete and have been sent off to…somewhere with the hopes that they’ll either be used on the show or given to the actors. My hat for Finn/Cory Monteith was completed a while back, and I’m pretty sure I shared a rather crappy photo of it. However, seeing how beautiful some of the other projects were, I kind of felt bad for Finn. So I made him another hat. 🙂

Here are the two hats:

This is the original hat, made with Berroco’s Vintage Chunky, a machine washable wool blend. I used a free pattern called Hat Fit for a Boyfriend, and as GradSchoolKnitter warned me, following the pattern would produce a hat that’s quite short, barely covering the top of the ears, so I added an inch before I began the decreases. DH actually really liked the hat and wants me to make one for him to match the scarf I made him a few years ago. I just need to find matching yarn somewhere…

For the second hat, I used the second skein of Vintage Chunky (I bought two and only needed one for the first hat), and I had a bit of leftover Vintage Chunky in a beautiful blue color for some stripes. the pattern is Turn a Square, which can be downloaded for free from Ravelry. I didn’t have too much of the blue yarn, so I was only able to make four rows of stripes, but still turned out pretty nice.

I wish I was able to take a photo of the crown of both of these hats, but it’s pretty much impossible to take a photo of the crown of your own head… :-p I need to get a mannequin head. DH laughed at me when I first mentioned it, but now he agrees because he’s not too crazy about the idea of modeling hats for me.

Originally, I’d wanted to knit something for Mercedes/Amber Riley, but by the time I signed up for the project, she was already taken. But, as it turned out, the person who signed up was unable to complete the project, so I had a few days to crank something out for her. I wasn’t able to make what I originally wanted because DK yarn on size 5 needles takes forever… So I held two strands of worsted weight yarn together and using size 15 needles, made this beautiful cowl for Mercedes/Amber in two nights!  And the best part is, I made this with a lovely alpaca/wool blend yarn that I picked up on clearance for $0.99/skein! It took 3 full skeins to knit this up, using the very simple pattern, Bulky Knit Cowl. I love it!

So my projects are complete with gift tags and all… I put them in the mail today, and if they end up on the show… I’ll definitely be blogging about it! 😉